Having issue on USB using virtualbox? or your having a problem that you cannot use any usb device to detect inside virtualbox? here’s a simple solution just to detect the device based on my experience using fedora 16 installed with virtualbox :
1. Once you install virtualbox, you need to access the user and groups
2. Go to groups and look for vboxusers
3. Double click to go to properties and add your account
4. Once done,you need to edit the /etc/fstab file and just add this line
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs devgid=991,devmode=664 0 0
Note: You need to change the 991 to the group ID which you can locate on the user and groups.
5. reboot your machine
Now you can test to plug any USB device the virtualbox will detect it without an error..
I’ve just installed fedora 16 KDE and trying to test one of the online radio for stream but its embed with windows media player, If your looking for alternative to Windows Media Player in linux you can try to install the MPlayer.
Here’s a simple two (2) step:
1. Go to Konsole/Terminal
2. use this command: sudo yum -y install mplayer-gui
Then try to refresh the page of the stream radio and test to play