Here is a simple steps how to resolved an outlook issue on calendar that user unable to open the calendar send by colleauge with an error message disable by administrator. To resolve the issue check the registry using the command prompt by typing reg query “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\WebCal” /v Disable If the value is set to disable 1 then you need to make it to 0 by typing the command reg add “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\WebCal” /v Disable /t REG_DWORD /d 0×0 /f the check again the value it it set to 0. Now try to restart the outlook and try to open the calendar. You should be able to open the .vcs extension.
The error message encounter if you try to import the file to excel. To resolve the issue you can follow the steps below:
- This happen when importing a file to excel
- You need to register the
*mstext40.dll (Text, CSV, tab-delimited))
- RUN CMD as admin
- and regsvr32 “Filename.Dll”
You try to import and you should not get the error message…
Here is another issue that user encounter, that the show desktop icon is missing on the quick launch toolbar, here is a simple steps how to re-create the show desktop icon, just follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type notepad in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Carefully copy and then paste the following text into the Notepad window:
- On the File menu, click Save As, and then save the file to your desktop as “Show desktop.scf“. The Show desktop icon is created on your desktop.
- Click and then drag the Show desktop icon to your Quick Launch toolbar.