It’s been 3 days reviewing openbravo flow including it’s function. If you are new to openbravo you will be having a hard time configuring it out which will suite to your company needs. I list some two(2) important things that you have to keep in mind to be able to setup openbravo correctly.
Understanding Roles on OpenBravo
Roles are a way of grouping users together according to what parts of the system they are allowed to work with.You could set up a Role for use by the sales organisation that allowed access only to the Sales Management module and relevant reports. Whenever a new member of the sales team joined the organisation you could then allocated that role to them without having to configure each new user individually.
A user can have more than one Role, but each user can only log in under one role at any one time. For example, if a user has a Sales role and a Purchasing role, they could not log in under both roles at the same time. When you log into Openbravo ERP for the first time, the systems administrator role is already set up to enable you to configure the system.
You can change user by clicking on the top left user icon.
Setting up a client A.K.A. Company
The first stage in setting up basic data is to create a client. The Initial Client Setup process helps you complete all the steps in the correct order. When you set up a client you must specify which accounting schema the system will use. In this step you will need an accounting file depends on your country.
- Download the accounting file for your country and save it to a location on the computer where Openbravo ERP is installed.
- Log into Openbravo ERP under the System Administrator role.
- From the menu, select General Setup > Client > Initial Client Setup. The Initial Client Setup window appears.
- In the Client field, type your client name. This is usually the name of your company.
- In the Organization field, type the name of one of your company’s organizations, for example “MyCompany Paris” or “MyCompany Sales”. You can add other organizations later.
- From the Currency menu, select your company’s local currency.
- In the Client Username specify a user name for the Client Admin account.
- In the Organization Username field specify a user name for the Organization Admin account.
- From the Country drop-down list, select the country where the client is located.
- In the City field type the city where the client is located.
- In the Accounting Dimensions section, click Browse…. The File Upload box appears.
- In the File Upload box, navigate to the accounts file you downloaded in step 1.
- Click OK to close the File Upload box and return to Openbravo ERP.
- When you are happy with the information you have entered, click OK to create the client.
- When the process is complete a confirmation message appears, listing the database tables that have been created.
- Select the Information tab.
- If you plan to use the Warehouse module, clear the Allow Negative Stock checkbox. If you plan to use the Warehouse module, select Allow Negative Stock.
- Click Save.