I had the oppurtunity joining the Training of Trainers (ToT): Free/Open Source Software Toolkit for Small-Medium-Enterprises in Mango Farm, Antipolo City, Rizal, Philippines last November 4-7, 2008. Wherein 34 Trainee-participants from all over ASEAN+3 attended the event. below are the official list of Trainee.
RJ Ian Sevilla
Evamay dela Rosa
Rodulfo Dorado, Jr.
Edwin Glindro (Rogelio Falculan)
Rinbert Emmanual Laus
Hector Lopez, Jr.
Troy Frederick Lim
Gener Luis Morada
Truong Anh Tuan
Pham Manh Linh
Nguyen Nhu Son
Nguyen Ngoc Khiem
Nguyen Ngoc Thanh
Nguyen Phouc Nam
Vu Thi Bich Ha
Tran Thi Tuyet
I was supposed to do session blog on the event but due to the problem of Internet connection of the venue including the hotel theres is no WiFi connectivity. But anyway during this event i finally meet some members of CP-Union who is also a participant on the event.
I miss a lot of things during this event:
- Carlo for the Session
- JM for the TUX (wherein everyone wants it to bring home).
- Elvin forget Root (during the training session Drupal).
- Gener going to the cloud9 (hehehe hard to climb a mountain).
- Troy and AL for the camera (Pictorial Session).
- Ruth for the Banana split (eating at Robinson).
- Devi learning Chavacano.
- Thanh for teaching us to connect computer to computer connectivity.
- Robert migration IE to Firefox (Soon vista to Ubuntu hehehe)
I was also been assign to administer the site of this batch which will be upload by next week if i can finish the template. Hope to see you all soon. 🙂
The ASEAN+3 node of the International Open Source Network (IOSN) is based at the University of the Philippines Manila-Natioanl Telehealth Center (UPM-NThC) and establised by the United Nation Development Programme as the Center of Excllence for Free/Open Source Sofware in the ASEAN Region together with their implementer parter, InWEnt Capacity Building International, Germany will host the FOSS for SMEs CD toolkit Training of Trainers.
Im one of the Selected official trainee-participant to attend this event, which will be held on Nov. 3 - 8, 2008 at The Mango Farm, Antipolo City, Rizal. Ive already purchase roundtrip plane ticket via Cebu Pacific schedule leaving Zamboanga-Manila November 3 and be back Manila-Zamboanga November 8.
I will also blogging the whole event/session if possible.
Today I've just received the notice from the IOSN about the Training of Trainers on the FOSS Toolkit for SMEs with the following requirements and comply it before October 15.
- Updated curriculum vitae with ID photo included
- Letter of Recommendation/Endorsement from your
- For non-Philippine applicants, TEMPORARY airline bookings/itinerary with estimated ECONOMY/BUDGET roundtrip air ticket cost. Preferred arrival in Manila, Philippines on 03 November (Monday) and departure on 07 November 2008 (Friday).
Hope i can send it before October 15.
The International Open Source Network together with the Inwent is sponsoring a FOSS SME Toolkit trainers training in November. This program will equip participants with knowledge on the principles of FOSS, its various business models, best practices in deployment, and introduce participants to various FOSS applications that can be used by SMEs.
If you are interested in this training, please apply with the link below:
Note: You do not need to be a technical person.