Just recently my website got hack unknown by the name inam and leave this as a header +ADw-/title+AD4-Hacker By INAM and mess up the widget.
Here’s how to get your site back online fast.
Step 1 – Login to your WordPress dashboard as an administrator and go to Appearance -> Widgets. In my case, the two widgets I was using had been moved to the Inactive Widget box and replaced with a Text Widget in the sidebar.
Step 2 – Open the Text widget and click the Delete link on the bottom left. Once you’ve deleted it, reset your widgets to the way they were prior to the hack.
Step 3 – Next go to settings -> Reading. Change your character encoding back to UTF-8. This will fix any lingering issues with your RSS feed and IE.
Step 4 – Lastly, reset the Site Title & Tagline for your site. The location for this will vary based on your theme. For my site, I selected Appearance -> Themes and then clicked the Customize link for my theme
Now you have your website back, You need to secure the website by changing a new password. I would also recommend this tool/plugin that I found for some security on your WP website.It is called Sucuri Security plugin is a security toolset for security integrity monitoring, malware detection and security hardening.
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (add on)
You can check https://wordpress.org/plugins/sucuri-scanner/ and install it on your WP. If you have other security tools feel free to share it here.
I just update my website to WordPress 3.9 arrives with better media editing, gallery previews, audio and video playlists, and more
I just updated my wordpress website to version 3.9 codename “Smith” in honor of African-American jazz musician Jimmy Smith, WordPress 3.9 is supposed to give users a better understanding of how their content will look once it is published. The team has put together a video to show it off:
The new features are as follows:
- Improved visual editing: The new visual editor has improved speed, accessibility, and mobile support. You can paste into it from your word processor without wasting time to clean up messy styling.
- Edit images easily: With quicker access to crop and rotation tools, it’s now much easier to edit your images while editing posts and scale images directly in the editor.
- Drag and drop your images: Uploading your images is now as simple as grabbing them from your desktop and dropping them in the editor.
- Gallery previews: Galleries display a beautiful grid of images right in the editor, just like they do in your published post.
- Do more with audio and video: Images have galleries, and now media clips have playlists.
- Live widget and header previews: Add, edit, and rearrange your site’s widgets right in the theme customizer: preview your changes live and only save them when you’re ready. The improved header image tool also lets you upload, crop, and manage headers while customizing your theme.
- New theme browser: WordPress says you can now “lose yourself in the boundless supply of free WordPress.org themes.”
It's been a month figuring out how to appear my PR-Page Rank on my site and it always shows " N/A" as the result when i use the google PR checker. Finally i stumble on this cool plugin on wordpress called Google XML Sitemaps just installed it, activate it and create and XML sitemap for you site. Automatically when you check your PR it will appear instead of "N/A".
Google XML Sitemaps will generate a sitemaps.org compatible sitemap of your WordPress blog which is supported by Ask.com, Google, MSN Search and YAHOO. Unlike “Dagon Design Sitemap Generator” above, this plugin wil generate a xml file which can be submitted to search engine directly. There’s even function in the plugin itself to update the sitemap and ping Yahoo and Google everytime you write and publsh a new post. You can see it live on my XML sitemap here.
Figuring how to create a contact form on wordpress. Well its easy i just installed a plugin called Fast and Secure Contact Form By Mike Challis Version 1.8.1 and activate it. Once activated, you will need to create a pages called contact. Go to Pages > Add New > Name it Contact and put this shortcode on content si_contact_form inside [ ] then publish it.